During pregnancy, the body undergoes a great amount of change and development. The postural changes and increase in weight are obvious, but the other changes may be more subtle, like hormonal and emotional. The combination of the above can put a fair amount of physical strain on the body.
We aim to assist the natural process of pregnancy and birth by aiding the body to adapt and align as the pregnancy progresses. Our treatments achieve this by using safe and efficient techniques, while making sure the patient is comfortable at all times.
Even before pregnancy, our practitioners can evaluate your body, paying particular attention to the spine and pelvis, to ensure that there are no pre-existing or underlying restrictions, which may cause problems further into the pregnancy.
How does Osteopathy help during pregnancy?
- Treats lower back pain, hip pain and sciatica.
- Decreases the stress on the joints.
- Help with breathing difficulties, digestive problems.
- Aides in neck, shoulder or middle back pain.
- Helps to adapt to hormonal and structural changes.
- Reduces scars and adhesions.
- Reduces blood pressure.
- Decreases fluid overflow.
- Improves circulation in order for the body to get proper nutrients, and for the removal of waste products.
How does Osteopathy help after delivery?
- Helps to facilitate the body’s recovery after the stress of birth.
- Aides in preventing long term problems of the back, neck and pelvis.
- Minimises spinal discomfort from feeding postures.