Cranial osteopathy (known as OCF, osteopathy in cranial field) can be invaluable for treating a wide range of health conditions, the gentler, nonmanipulative techniques, known as cranial osteopathy are especially suitable for treating young children and newborn infants.
Our practitioners focus on a whole-body approach to determine the cause of the problem, recognising the important link between the structure of the body and the way it functions. By using palpatory evaluation, diagnosis and a range of hands-on techniques, our osteopaths identify and treat dysfunction in your child’s body, positively affecting their nervous, circulatory and lymphatic systems.
The birth process can be incredibly demanding on both mother and baby, creating stresses and strains throughout the baby’s head (cranium), spine and pelvis. These strains can irritate surrounding nerves and compromise blood supply, resulting in pain, headaches and digestive disturbance.
How does Osteopathy help for babies and children?
- Aides in Irritability & difficulty settling.
- Help in birth trauma and sleep disturbances.
- Help with breathing difficulties, digestive problems.
- Aides in neck, shoulder or middle back pain.
- Helps in learning difficulties.
- Reduces hyperactivity, growing pains.
- Reduces blood pressure.
- Helps with nose, throat and ear infections.
- Improves circulation in order for the body to get proper nutrients, and for the removal of waste products.